In response to our continuing growth, Avian Ecology is looking for an experienced senior ecologist to join our skilled team, based in our Lower Stretton (near Warrington) office.
Over the last decade, Avian Ecology has earned a reputation for professional excellence and for delivering consultancy services to the highest of standards on projects of all scales across the UK. Our clients are from both the public and private sectors and our project portfolio is diverse and challenging.
We offer a strong remuneration package in a friendly, dynamic and flexible working environment. Avian Ecology is committed to attracting and retaining the highest calibre of personnel and providing them with an opportunity to flourish in an environment where excellence and progression is encouraged, recognised, assisted and rewarded.
As a Senior Ecologist you will lead on projects and also work as part of a larger project team providing ecological advice across a range of sectors including renewables, infrastructure, minerals and large scale commercial developments. You will work closely with our clients, providing clear advice and robust documentation including ecological impact assessments, biodiversity nett gain, management plans, mitigation, monitoring and protected species licences. Liaison with planning authorities, regulators and stakeholders is a key part of the role, which provides excellent opportunities to further develop your project management and problem solving skills. You will also supervise junior ecologists and sub-consultants and manage project budgets.
Key requirements are:
- At least two years’ experience of consultancy; advising clients on ecological constraints and solutions for their projects, mitigation design and liaising with regulators and stakeholders.
- Strong experience of project management, with the ability to lead a project from commencement to completion,
- Demonstrable ability to provide clear, succinct and robust technical reports, including Ecological Impact Assessments and Technical Appendices.
- Possess a clear understanding of relevant UK environmental / ecological policy and legislation.
- Competent in a range of field survey techniques and able to lead on habitat and/or species surveys.
- Survey and/or development licences (GCN, bats or dormice) would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in wind farm projects, in particular Scottish sites and ornithology, is advantageous but not essential. Our project portfolio is highly varied.
You will be a flexible, diligent and pro-active person who is motivated to work either alone or as part of a team to consistently high standards.
Candidates will have a relevant degree or demonstrable background experience and preferably be a CIEEM member. A full clean drivers’ licence is essential.
This is a full-time permanent role. Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
If you feel you have the experience and enthusiasm to join us, please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining your salary expectations to: Rachel.Hughes@avianecology.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is 31st July 2020.