Avian Ecology is looking for an Ecologist/Ornithologist to join our friendly team, based in our Lower Stretton (near Warrington) office. The successful applicant will have completed one to two seasons in consultancy and be an experienced field surveyor.
Over the last decade, Avian Ecology has earned a reputation for professional excellence and for delivering consultancy services to the highest of standards, on projects of all scales across the UK. Our clients are from both the public and private sectors and our project portfolio is diverse and challenging.
We offer a strong remuneration package in a friendly, dynamic and flexible working environment, where we support and encourage professional development and training. Avian Ecology is committed to attracting and retaining the highest calibre of personnel and providing them with an opportunity to flourish in an environment where excellence and progression is encouraged, recognised and rewarded.
We cover all aspects of terrestrial ecology, as well as having a national reputation for ornithological surveys and assessment. As a Field Ecologist you will undertake regular survey work, process data and prepare results, and assist on a range of projects. Projects come from a range of sectors including renewables, infrastructure, minerals, conservation and large scale commercial developments.
Key requirements are:
- Strong experience of field ecology, survey techniques and of carrying out protected species and habitat surveys as part of infrastructure design or construction. Demonstrable experience in Extended Phase I habitat survey is a key requirement, so botanical skills are preferred.
- Ornithology field skills and familiarity with recognised survey methods is advantageous.
- The ability to provide clear and succinct survey reports.
- Protected species survey licence(s) would be advantageous but not essential.
- An understanding of relevant UK environmental / ecological policy and legislation is advantageous.
You will be a flexible, diligent and pro-active person who is motivated to work either alone or as part of a team to consistently high standards.
Candidates will have a relevant degree or demonstrable background experience and preferably be working towards CIEEM membership. A full clean drivers’ licence is essential.
This is a full-time permanent role. Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
If you feel you have the experience and enthusiasm to join us, please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining your salary expectations to: Rachel.Hughes@avianecology.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is 20th February 2021